Dr. K. Narendra
- Working as manager, R&D in Prathista Industries Ltd., Hyderabad from August 2018 to till.
- Worked as an manager, Quality control and Quality Assurance dept. in Prathista Industries Ltd., Hyderabad from February 2016 to August 2018. Experience in HPLC, AAS instruments, Pharma, Food and agriculture documentation and various other audit documentations
- Worked as a Junior Officer in Downstream Process department (HPLC) at STILBENE Biopharma Ltd, Parawada, Visakhapatnam from August 2010 to August 2011
- D. in Biotechnology (October 2011- May 2017) on “Pharmacological Evaluation and Nanoparticle Characterization of Trichodesma indicum (L.)” under the guidance of Dr. A. Krishna Satya at Dept. of Biotechnology, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur (A.P.).
- Sc. in Biotechnology (2008-2010) with first division (75%) from Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur.
- B. Sc in Biotechnology (2005-2008) with first division (84%) from Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada with.
- October 2011- December 2014
- UGC sponsored project entitled “Structural and Biological Elucidation of Phytochemical Compounds from Selected Medicinal Plants” under the supervision of Dr. A. Krishna Satya at Dept. of Biotechnology, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur (A.P.).
- March 2010 – July 2010
- M.Sc. Research project entitled” Construct Development for Transformation in Cotton and Gene Purity Analysis by using Molecular Markers and ELISA”, under the supervision of Dr T. Chakradhar & Dr L. Siva Rama Prasad at Vibha Agrotech Ltd at ICRISAT, Hyderabad (A.P.)
- March 2008 - May 2008
- Summer Research Project entitled “Antimicrobial activity of Medicinal Plants”, under the supervision of Rev. Fr. Dr. S. Emmanual at Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada (A.P).
- Analysis and operation of HPLC for determination of samples.
- Analysis and operation of Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS).
- Purification of active constituents from the plant extracts by the column chromatographic techniques.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis of bioactive Compounds.
- Bioactive compounds determination by the in-vitro and in-vivo biological assays.
- Homozygosity, Qualitative Analysis of the seeds.
- Isolation and characterization techniques of microbes.
- DNA, Plasmid isolation techniques by manual and kit methods.
- Restriction digestion and ligation.
- Gel Electrophoresis, PCR, ELISA Method.
Awards and Honors
- Qualified APSET-2012 conducted by Osmania University in LIFE SCIENCE stream.
- A Presentation in the Chemistry Division at 6th Indian Youth Science Congress held at Acharya Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar, Guntur on 19-21 January 2015.
- K Narendra, DSD Suman Joshi, M Satya Prasad, KVN Rathnakar Reddi, J Swathi, KM Sowjanya, A. Krishna Satya*. In vitro and In vivo anti-inflammatory efficiency of Trichodesma indicum (L.) leaf extracts. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Scientific Innovation. 2015; 4 (6). DOI: 10.7897/2277-4572.046.
- K Narendra, M Satya Prasad, DSD Suman Joshi, KVN Rathnakar Reddi, J Swathi, KM Sowjanya, A. Krishna Satya*. Anti-Diabetic Activity of Trichodesma Indicum (L.) Leaf Extracts. Journal of Biological and Scientific Opinion. 2015; 3(6). DOI: 10.7897/2321-6328.036.
- Narendra, J. Swathi, K.M. Sowjanya, K.V.N. Rathnakar Reddi, M. Maruthi Varaprasad,Ch. Padmavathi, G. Venkata Rao and A. Krishna Satya*. Studies on Chemical and Biological properties of Bryonia epigaea (Rottler). Journal of medicinal plants research. 2015, 9(22), pp. 664-673.
- Narendra, K.M. Sowjanya, J. Swathi and A. Krishna Satya*. Phytochemical Evaluation & Antimicrobial Efficiency of Threatened Medicinal Plant of Andhra Pradesh Pterospermum xylocarpum (Thada Tree). International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2013, 4 (2) 155-160.
- Narendra, J. Swathi, K.M. Sowjanya and A. Krishna Satya*. Phyllanthus niruri: A Review on its Ethno Botanical, Phyto chemical and Pharmacological Profile. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2012, 5(9), 4681-4691.
- Suman Joshi DSD, Narendra K, Satya Prasad M, RathnakarReddi KVN, Venkata Rao G and A. Krishna Satya*. Assessment Of In Vitro Anti-Oxidant and Anti-Microbial Efficiencies of Endangered Medicinal Plant Ficus Dalhousiae International research journal of pharmacy, 2015,6 (6): 365-370.
- Kamala Pranuthi, K. Narendra, J. Swathi, K.M. Sowjanya, K.V.N. Rathnakar Reddi, Rev Fr. S. Emmanuel S.J, A. Krishna Satya*. Qualitative Assessment of Bioactive Compounds from a Very Rare Medicinal Plant Ficus dalhousiae Miq. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2014; 3 (1): 57-61.
- Swathi, K. Narendra, K.M. Sowjanya and A. Krishna Satya*. Biological Characterization of Secondary Metabolites from Marine Fungi Microascus sps. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. 2013, Vol. 4 (3) 754-759.
- Swathi, K. Narendra, K.M. Sowjanya and A. Krishna Satya*. Evaluation of Biologically Active Molecules Isolated from Obligate Marine Fungi. Mintage journal of Pharmaceutical & Medical Sciences. 2013. Vol 2 Issue 3, 45-47.
- Swathi, K. Narendra, K.M. Sowjanya, and A. Krishna Satya*. Marine fungal metabolites as a rich source of bioactive compounds. African Journal of Biochemistry Research. 2013 Vol. 7(10), pp. 184-196.
- M. Sowjanya, K. Narendra, J. Swathi and A. Krishna Satya*. Phyto chemical Extraction and Antimicrobial Efficiency of crude Leaf Extract of Medicinal Plant Cascabela thevetia. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. Vol. 2013, 4 (2) 465-470.
- Padmaja, K. Narendra, J. Swathi, K.M. Sowjnya, P. Jawahar Babu and A. Krishna Satya*. In Vitro Antagonism of Native Isolates of Tricoderma spp. Against Sclerotium rolfsii. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. 2013 Vol. 4 (3) 886-891.
- Kamala Pranoothi, K. Narendra, D.S.D. Suman Joshi, J. Swathi, K.M. Sowjanya, K.V.N. Rathnakarreddi, Rev Fr. S. Emmanuel S.J, Ch. Padmavathi, A. Krishna Satya*. Studies on qualitative, quantitative, phytochemical analysis and screening of in vitro biological activities of Leucas indica (L) VAR. Nagalapuramiana. International Journal of Herbal Medicine 2014; 2 (3): 30-36.
- Padmavathi CH, Narendra K, Suman Joshi DSD, Rathnakar Reddi KVN, Sowjanya KM, Swathi J, Krishna Satya A* (2014). Active ingredient estimation and in-vitro analysis of Jacquinia barbasco (Loefl.) Mez plant extracts. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2014; 3(4): 99-104.
- Satya Prasad, DSD Suman Joshi, K Narendra, SK Nadiya, SK Masthani, , N Padmaja Phani, A Krishna Satya *. A Comparative Study On Phytochemical Analysis And In Vitro Antimicrobial Activity Of Three Important Vegetables From Brassicaceae Family. International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy. 2015, 6(6). Pp.767-772.
- Satya Prasad M, Suman Joshi Dsd, Narendra K, Srinivas K, Srilakshmi Bai J, Lakshmi Chandana M, Krishna Satya A*. Phytochemical And Pharmacological Evaluation Of Euphorbiaceae Family Plant Leaves- Acalypha Indica, Croton Bonplandianum Baill. 2015, 4(3): 16-21.
- KVN Rathnakar Reddi, Sivarathri Siva Rajesh, Kumara Narendra, Swathi jangala, Pulichandra Obul Reddy, Alapati Krishna Satya, Thirunavukkarasu, Siva Raman and Akila Chandra Sekhar. In vitro anti-venom potential of various Jatropha extracts on neutralizing cytotoxic effect induced by Phospho lipase A2 of crude venom from Indian cobra (Naja naja). Bangladesh J Pharmacol 2014; 9: 22-28.
- Jangala Swathi, Katta Meera Sowjanya, Kumara Narendra, Kalakota Venkata Naga Rathnakar Reddi, Mokkapati Jaya Sravanthi, Chitta Padmavathi, Alapati Krishna Satya*. Identification and assessment of frequency distribution in fungi isolated from coastal Andhra Pradesh. Malaysian Journal of Microbiology, Vol 10(3) 2014, pp. 215-218.
- Jangala Swathi, Katta Meera Sowjanya, Kumara Narendra, K.V.N Rathnakar Reddy and Alapati Krishna Satya*. Isolation, identiﬁcation & production of bioactive metabolites from marine fungi collected from coastal area of Andhra Pradesh, India. Journal of pharmacy research, 6 (2013) 663-666.
- Swathi, K.M. Sowjanya, K. Narendra, and A. Krishna Satya*. Bioactivity Assay of an Isolated Marine Fusarium sps. International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology (2013) Vol.5, No.5, pp. 179-186.
- Sowjanya K.M, Swathi. J, Narendra .K and Krishna Satya*. A. A Review on Phytochemical Constituents and Bioassay of Syzygium cumini. International Journal of Natural Product Science 2013; 3(2): 1-11.
- M. Sowjanya, J. Swathi, K. Narendra, CH. Padmavathi and A. Krishna Satya*. Extraction and Antimicrobial Potential of Secondary Plant Metabolites from Artabotrys hexapetalus (Linn. F.) Bhandari. Int. J. Res. Ayurveda Pharm. 2013, 4(5), 1-5.
- Padmaja, J. Swathi, K. Narendra, K.M. Sowjnya, P. Jawahar Babu and A. Krishna Satya*. Trichoderma Sps. as a Microbial Antagonist Against Rhizoctonia solani. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci, 2013, Vol 5, Suppl 4, 322-325. (2013).
- Sreenivasulu P, Suman Joshi DSD, Narendra K, Venkata Rao G and Krishna Satya A*. Isolation and Identification of Probiotic bacteria from river banks of Krishna by Biochemical and Molecular level characterization. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences.2015; vol 4(11).
- Padmavathi CH, Sowjanya KM, Suman Joshi DSD, Rathnakar Reddi KVN, Narendra K, Krishna Satya A*. Evaluation of In-Vitro Anti-Oxidant, Anti- Microbial Activities and Screening of Medically Active Chemical Components of Acacia Leucophloea Leaf Extracts. American. J. Pharm Health Res 2014; 2(11), 80-91.
- Participated in the workshop in “Experimental Pharmacological Techniques” ANU college of pharmaceutical Sciences, Guntur, A.P. held on 28th 29th April 2014.
- Organizing Committee and Participated in National Seminar & workshop on Genomics & Proteomics An informatics Approach (NSGPI-2014) organized by Dept of Biotechnology, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur during 24-25 March 2014.
- Participated in National Seminar cum workshop on Bioinformatics: Basics and Languages organized by DBT- Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility (BIF) Programme, Department of Biotechnology Achraya Nagarjuna University, Guntur during 27-29 March 2012.
- Participated in 2days hands on training in molecular diagnosis using PCR Techniques held at Dept of biotechnology, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur during 25-27 December 2011.
- Attended NCC Combined Annual Training Camp-IV of 8(A) Naval Unit at Tripplaar School Campus From 6-17th July 2006.
List of presentations in national/international conferences:
- Participated and presented a paper on Bioactive Compounds from the plants at National seminar on conceptual advances & impact of plant derived drugs on human diseases at Krishna University on 5-6 march 2014.
- Participated in National conference on conservation of wetlands for sustainable development by Krishna University, Machilipatnam (A.P.) on from 1-2nd February 2014.
- Participated in National seminar on New trends in Molecular Medicine and Pharmaco genomics by University College of pharmaceutical sciences, held at Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur (A.P.) on from 13-14 April- 2013.
- Participated in National seminar on Drug Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance by University College of pharmaceutical sciences, held at Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur (A.P.) on from 8th February- 2013.
- Participated and presented a paper on Phytochemical analysis and antimicrobial properties of medicinal plants Pterospermum xylocarpum at AP SCIENCE CONGRESS held on Nov 14-16 2012 at Acharya Nagarjuna University.
- Oral presentation in International Symposium on Environmental Impact, Health Implications and Therapeutic Approaches at Vikrama Simhapuri University, Nellore ,A.P. from July 15-17, 2012.
- Participated and presented a paper on Transformation of gene construct into cotton and its purity analysis by using molecular markers and ELISA. in Young scientists Convention held at Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur (A.P.) on from 27-28th October 2011.
- Participated in national seminar on Biomedical Applications of Nanotechnology organized by Dept of biotechnology, Acharya Nagarjuna University on 6th march 2010.
- Participated in national seminar on Biotech forays into Environment organized by Dept of life sciences, Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada, on 3-4th February 2010.
- Participated in International symposium on Emerging trends in biomedical and Nanobiotechnology: Relevance to human Health organized by Dept of biotechnology, Acharya Nagarjuna University on 19-21st December 2009.
- Presented a model on Biosensor at Seience Spectrum-2009, organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, JKC College, Guntur on 15-16th October 2009.
- Participated and Presented a Paper in UGC sponsored National seminar on Emerging Trendz in Biosciences on 21 February -2009 in M.M College, Vijayawada.
- Participated in Biotrendz-09 Seminar on Feb-09 in KLCE, Vaddeswaram, Guntur.
- Participated in GeneX-05 Seminar by U.G Forum of Andhra Loyola College.